On April 1:
- A privately owned Reims Cessna F172E with two aboard made an emergency landing in Nome, Norway after an engine failed. Neither of the two aboard reported injury.
- An Ultralight suffered a mechanical failure in south Surrey, BC crashed and sustained damage. The pilot parachuted out into a field of blueberries, and was injured but survived.
- The pilot of a Beech J35 Bonanza force landed in a cornfield in northwest Davenport, Iowa after the plane suffered a mechanical failure. THe plane was damaged. The pilot was not.
- A privately owned Cessna 210H that took off from Bullo River Station with four aboard crashed near Cape Ford in Australia. The bodies of three of the four people aboard have been recovered. Those aboard were 45-year-old electrical contractor Stuart Sceney, his 53-year-old wife Karmi Dunn, and daughters Mekdes, 12, and Kal, 15. A search continues for the wreckage and the remaining passenger. Weather conditions hampered the search.
- A Cessna 172 Skyhawk went down with engine troubles in Juneau County swamp, Wonewoc, Wisconsin. THe pilot Seth Pripps of Rockford, Ill was uninjured. Firefighters assisted.
- A Caicos Express Airways Cessna 402C took off from and landed at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport and suffered a nose-gear collapse. The plane is registered to Turks and Caicos Islands. The pilot was uninjured.
- A Cirrus SR22 was reported missing/stolen from Benton Arkansas. It was found abandoned in Casscoe Arkansas. On Monday night, the plane had been scheduled to land at Saline County Airport. When officers approached, the plane took off nearly hitting a deputy.
On Sunday afternoon, 37-year-old Feleshia Denham was tragically killed when she accidentally walked into the propeller of a plane.
The small plane clipped a Toyota pickup truck before spinning out of control, breaking apart and erupting in flames. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and remove the wreckage.
A Kent man has been sentenced in federal court to probation for flying a plane without a license. The plane had a cracked wing and duct tape, according to court records.
Remarkably and despite a fiery crash into the back of a pickup truck, no one was hurt.
Nearly two years after Stephen Barnes’ airplane crashed in a field, it’s still unknown whether it was due to pilot error, a mechanical problem or a combination of the two.
Cary Police released 911 calls on Wednesday detailing the moments a co-pilot exited a small cargo plane shortly before it made an emergency landing at Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
MADISON — The pilot of a small plane that made an emergency landing on Madison Avenue last Thursday evening cited engine trouble as the reason.
New video shows the moments a single-engine Pipe PA-32 attempted an emergency landing on a California freeway, striking a barrier and bursting into flames upon impact.
It’s more than a friendly hello.
Two men have been taken to hospital after their seaplane crashed in Coila Lake at Tuross Head. Emergency services were…
In footage shared online, a WizzAir plane is seen flying over the isle’s crystal blue waters as it approaches Skiathos airport.
People who travel frequently must have already passed through several unpleasant situations. A very weird situation caught on video during a…
A “very bad tragedy” was avoided on a California freeway, as a plane crash landed alongside cars. No one was hurt among the pilot, passenger and cars.
As the pilot approached the scene, he attempted to find the wires, but could not see them, although he did locate the tower holding the lines. The release states the pilot continued to search for t…
The Federal Aviation Administration said a single-engine Piper PA-32 carrying two people was headed to Corona Municipal Airport when the plane began to have engine trouble.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Alaska Air National Guardsmen of the 176th Wing rescued two plane crash victims on Aug. 7 at Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve about 300 miles west of Anchorage, near
Also, protestors are speaking out against a new LA law banning homeless encampments within 500 ft of schools and daycares.
Authorities identified the man who jumped or fell out of the plane that made an emergency landing at RDU Airport Friday afternoon.
One fatality occurred Aug. 9 after a small, single-engine plane crashed near the FedEx building located at 14250 Grasslands Drive in unincorporated Douglas County, South Metro Fire Rescue said via …
“This year, we decided on California. Great, right? But it’s a four-and-a-half-hour flight in coach. So I decide I’m going to wear my pajamas.” Is that inappropriate? Read m…
Dr. Luuk van Dijk, Daedalean: “the rise of autonomous solutions does not mean human pilots will be out of a job” | Cybernews
Today, Cybernews investigators decided to shine a light on the often-invisible autonomous innovations in the aerospace industry. Therefore, they contacted Dr. Luuk van Dijk, CEO & Founder of Daedalean.