Ten die in Alaska Otter Crash
All the remains have been recovered and sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Anchorage for autopsy I.D.
On July 07, 2013, a Rediske Air Inc deHavilland DHC-3 Otter with 10 aboard was taking off from Soldotna Airport Alaska. THe crash was reported at 11:23 a.m.
Nikiski pilot Willy Rediske and nine passengers died on impact. The crash occurred at Funny River Road. By the time Soldotna police, fire and medic personnel with Central Emergency Services and Alaska State Troopers responded, the plane was on fire.
First responders are notifying family members and retrieving remains.
Investigator Brice Banning who had been targeting the Asiana Airlines crash will instead be launching the Soldotna crash investigation.
- Serial Number 280
- Status Valid
- Manufacturer Name DEHAVILLAND
- Certificate Issue Date 12/01/2010
- Model DHC-3 Expiration Date 12/31/2013
- Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Single-Engine
- Type Engine Turbo-prop
- Date Change Authorized None
- Mode S Code (base 8 / oct) 53162230
- MFR Year 1958
- Mode S Code (base 16 / hex) ACE498
- Type Registration Partnership
- Engine Manufacturer HONEYWELL
- Classification Standard
- Engine Model TPE331-10R
- Category Normal
- A/W Date 07/09/2010