NTSB Releases Safety Recommendations
Partial summary of what is included
- incorporate in Aircraft Flight Manuals a committed-to-stop point in the landing sequence
- subpart K operators and Part 142 training schools to incorporate the information
- establish, and ensure that pilots adhere to, standard operating procedures.
- principal operations inspectors ensure that pilots use the same checklists in operations that they used during training for normal, abnormal, and emergency conditions.
- require manufacturers to revise existing, checklists to require pilots to clearly call out and respond with the actual flap position
- revise/describe terms severe thunderstorms, such as “bow echo,” “derecho,” and “mesoscale convective system.”
- revise regulations and policies to permit appropriate prescription use
- require fatigue education (training and policy for doctors and pilots)
- runway excursion prevention development
- wet runway landing data information provided to pilots
- pilot in command line checks demonstrating expertise