Mozambique Crash Video
DNA tests will be performed on the 31 bodies so far recovered from the Namibia’s Bwabwata National Park, site of the crash of Mozambique Airlines Flight 470, a Embraer ERJ 190-100 IGW (ERJ-190AR) with 33 aboard. The plane is a total wreck, Written off (damaged beyond repair), burnt wreckage scattered in a low impact crash, possibly the result of bad weather.
The hundred-seat plane was only 1 / 3 full.
Recently revealed facts
- Only one body was found intact according to Theo Shilongo, investigation leader.
- The pilot was in Botswanan airspace when the pilot notified ATC of problems, though it took Mozambiqan authorities 3 hours to inform Nambia that the plane was off radar.
- The search was called off due to bad weather, but the next day locals called in reporting the crash.
- The wreckage will be transported to Rundu for investigation.
- The remains have been transported to Windhoek.
- An Angolan Pop artist, Jose Pascoal Luvuala (AKA Action Nigga) is among the dead.
- Angola Inspector General in the Ministry of Finance, Manuel John Landa and two colleagues are among the dead.