Helicopter Goes Missing in Siberia
On May 6, 2013, 9 people aboard an Angara Airlines Mil Mi-8T were lost during a rescue operation in Siberia.
Fragments of missing Mi-8 helicopter found in Irkutsk
The helicopter was participating in a flood rescue and was carrying 1.9 tons of explosives for blasting ice dams in the river.
Missing are three crew, five officials and the emergency chief. Stanislav Omelyanchik.
The hotline number is Emergency telephone number – 8 (3952) 39 9999.
List of missing:
1. Omelyanchik Stanislav, acting chief of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Irkutsk region;
2. Stepanov Alexander, deputy head of the Baikal PSO;
3. Kashko Yuri, head of the North JI ACC Irkutsk region;
4. Pezhemsky Sergey, lifeguard-shooter Northern PSO;
5. Chekrygin Igor, chief OGKU “Center of Civil Defense”;
6. Arbatskii Sergey, instructor airborne fire service department Kirenskogo air base of the Irkutsk region of forests;
Airline crew “Angara”:
7. Igor Markov, the commander of the aircraft;
8. Zhizhel Andrey, flight instructor;
9. Kulebyakin Alexei Vasilievich, the mechanic.