Reno Airshow Fatalities Rise
What: Aero-Trans Corp. DBA North American P-51D-15-NA Mustang (mod.)
Where: Reno Stead Airport, Nevada
Who: 11 fatalities, 1 aboard (2 on the ground)
Eleven people have died so far in the Reno air show crash:
- Pilot Jimmy Leeward
- Joseph Wogan, 22, of Arizona;
- George and Wendy Hewitt of Fort Mohave, Ariz;
- Regina Bynum, 53, of Texas;
- Sharon Stewart, 47, of Nevada;
- Greg Morcom, 47, from Washington state.
- Michael Wogan, 22, of Scottsdale, Ariz.;
- Regina Bynum, 53, of San Angelo, Texas.
- Craig Salerno
Stewart was a paid staff member at the airshow, and Salerno was a volunteer. Spectator Cherie Elvin is missing, and her husband, two sons, and daughter in law each lost part of a leg.
The names of the seventy injured (and all of the fatalities) have not been released, but there are hundreds of stunning accounts of the accident.